Regarding formats, one suggestion for a discussion-style session (in contrast to talk-style) could be the following:
- Topic suggested to be discussed announced in advanced
- Seminar style (circle or rectangular shape) seating arrangement of the room (usually not payed attention too but crucial for the embodiment of a good discussion!)
- 2 (even 3) persons volunteer as ‘leaders’ in the discussion for that topic
- Each of them present their views, aiming for no more than 10-15 mins (or 5-10 slides?) each
- Lots of open questions (e.g. actual questions for the participants?)
- A couple of empty slides towards the end to construct something as a group.